5 Style Resolutions For The New Year

Style resolutionsStyle resolutions

Style posts are few and far between on here, mainly because I spend 75% of my time in my work uniform and the other 25% in my dressing gown. As you can imagine, there’s not much left to share! Sharing more style tips (that don’t feature my never ending collection of loungewear) and shooting more outfit posts is definitely something I want to work on in 2018, seeing as most of my favourite blogs these days are a mixture of lifestyle and fashion! I thought it would be a great idea to think of a few style resolutions for the new year.

Make more mindful purchases – I’ve been thinking about the whole ‘fast fashion’ trend ever since I had a wardrobe clear out last week and how many of my items are inspired by Instagram. Yes I’ve found some amazing gems that I will forever love to wear but the majority of items get replaced so quickly. I’m not a huge hauler of clothing and rarely buy more than a couple of pieces at once, but making more mindful purchases is going to come top of my priorites this year!

Introduce more colour – I’ve already made massive progress on this in the last year and it’s something I want to continue working on this year. In 2016 I lived in monochrome literally every single day. The best thing was everything went together and always looked effortlessly styled – but at the same time it was uninspiring! I’ve been making more of an effort since the summer to introduce some colour and thanks to the millennial blush pink trend my wardrobe is looking a whole lot more brighter.

Invest in some staple pieces – I really want to make more long term investments into my wardrobe this year when it comes to staple pieces. I currently have my eye on this half price Bella Freud Jumper that I know will be a staple item on rotation throughout autumn to spring. Although it’s double the price I would spend on a regular jumper it’s an investment I know would be worth every penny.

Find the perfect pair of blue denim jeans – Okay, this one might sound super simple but seriously I just cannot master the blue denim trend. I don’t know whether my mind is just used to styling black jeans or I just haven’t found the right pair, but blue denim just doesn’t suit me! This year I’m setting out to find the dreamiest pair, watch this space!

Step out of my style comfort zone. It’s super easy to get stuck in a rut of throwing on your new favourite jumper and jeans whilst getting ready. This year I want to plan my outfits ahead and try to step outside of my comfort zone when it comes to new styles. I loved collecting beautiful summery dresses last year which is something I would have stayed clear of previously! I can’t wait to experiment more this year and see how my style evolves as the seasons change.

What are your style resolutions for 2018?

Daisy x

SaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

  • I am most definitely trying to step out of my comfort zone of black and grey. I have realised that I am bored every time I open my wardrobe and that is not good.

    xx,
    http://www.thedecemberdame.com

    • I used to be the exact same! I’m so much better at adding in some colour now xx

  • I love these photos of you Daisy! I definitely need to make more mindful purchases, as I’m constantly buying items that sit in my wardrobe unworn or that have only been worn once xo

    Char | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

    • Thank you! <3 I agree, it's so easy to get caught in the moment with a new purchase xx

  • Sarah Ⓥ

    I love these resolutions! Stepping out of my style comfort zone was also one of my style resolutions which I’m trying my best to keep 🙂

    Sarah
    sarahaurorax.com