Sunday’s are easily my favourite day of the week. There’s something about the guilt free lazy morning, heading out for a cosy walk and coming home to a movie day on the sofa fuelled by hot chocolate that instantly makes me happier. Everyone has their own Sunday traditions and when you apply them to any other day it can instantly better the week. I’ve been trying to think of a few ways to making everyday feel like a Sunday.
- Pancakes for breakfast. Waking up and instantly making pancakes drizzled in maple syrup for breakfast is definitely a Sunday treat in our house. It always makes the morning feel extra special. I’ve found so many recipes that are slightly more guilt free and this one on Kate’s blog is an absolute favourite. With so many delicious toppings to choose from you can never get bored of pancakes for breakfast.
- Introduce a mid-week pamper. I only ever tend to have a hot bubble bath on a Sunday. I take an hour or two out to re-paint my nails for the week ahead and look after myself a little more than usual. My all time favourite Sunday scent is Rose Jam from Lush. A mid-week pamper session instantly refreshes you and makes you feel ready for the up and coming days ahead. This always feels like such a treat and I only wish I could do it more often!
- Enjoy doing nothing. I love the guilt free laziness that Sundays entail. For me it’s the only day of the week I can happily change into fresh PJ’s by 3pm and watch Harry Potter on the sofa whilst ignoring all responsibilities. The feeling of being able to totally switch off and enjoy a few hours of no overthinking is something I want to introduce into my everyday life.
- Get organised. I tend to use Sundays as my day to get organised. I like to plan at least 2 meals for the new week, wash my makeup brushes and schedule in a blog post or two. Rather than leaving it all to one day I plan on spreading it out throughout the week to stay on top of everything and clear my mind. I also love buying some fresh flowers and stocking up on my favourite groceries midweek.
- Jump on the ‘hygge’ band wagon. Nearly a year on and I’m still totally on the hygge hype. Sunday’s are all about a homemade roast dinner, a cosy evening in front of the TV or heading out for a festive coffee and winter walk. Whenever I have an evening free or a day off I like to ensure I always have something to look forward too. No matter how small of a plan it is.
Let me know your Sunday traditions and how you could make everyday feel like a Sunday!