One of the best things about summer is that embracing early mornings becomes so much easier. I’ve never been a morning person. I need at least 2 alarms set, a cup of tea at the ready and a good hour by myself before I just about feel awake! However, I also like to make the most of every second so embracing early mornings can set my day up perfectly.
- Get as much done the night before. I hate rushing in the mornings so preparing the night before has become part of my evening routine. On a work night I get my lunch ready, bag packed and clothes lined up ready to be out the door. This also means I get a good 20 minutes to myself whether that be for people watching from the window or reading through a magazine.
- Make a breakfast treat. I LOVE this one! I go to bed at night dreaming of my breakfast in the morning. A bowl of yoghurt, homemade granola and fresh fruit or pancake mix freshly prepared the night before is a fail proof way to get me up and embracing early mornings.
- Get a head start. I love that moment in between waking up and waiting for everyone else to wake up. I always use this time to my advantage. Since we have moved house I use this time to either totally relax with a hot drink or get a head a start with either the housework, baking or my blog. It really does work wonders when it means I can totally chill out in the evening.
- Go for a walk. This one is mainly for the weekends or days off. Although I have been making a real effort to walk to work most days! I love heading out early for a morning coffee just as the sun comes up and the warmth is settling in for the day. I feel really accomplished if I am back in the house before 11am! Plus it always gives me that boost of energy to start the day.
- Banish technology and do something you enjoy. I am one to admit that too much of my time is dedicated to technology. I love to spend some time away from the screen and just doing something I enjoy. Whether that be baking a cake, painting my nails or planning out some new blog posts. Any time off social media and the internet is time well spent.
What are your tips for embracing early mornings?