I know it’s only February and spring is still a while away but I’m totally planning on embracing every season and event this year. I love the winter but now I am more than ready for some sunshine and coat-less weather! I’ve been picking up a few new things over the last week with the spring season in mind and thought I’d share some of my favourite fashion and beauty items in a pre-spring edit.
Topshop Flamingo Shirt
– I saw this online and couldn’t resist letting it go. Embroidery is so big right now and I’m in love. Especially when a simple white shirt is covered in pink flamingos! It’s slightly oversized so I would say get a size down but I just have visions of this over a bikini in the summer or tucked into jeans for the colder days. It’s super cute and I cant wait to show it off.
– I saw these backless Pink Suede Shoes whilst shopping the other day and wasn’t sure if I loved them or thought they were slightly too out there for me. I picked them up anyway and think they will look great in the warmer months. Pink is so on trend right now and for £10 in Primark these will definitely see me through some warmer spring/summer evenings. I’ve found quite a few dupes online so pick them up whilst you can!
Bright Blush Palettes
– This Nars cheek palette screams spring to me. The combination of peaches and pinks are my go-to for brightening up my post-winter skin. I always tend to skip this step in the colder months as my cheeks are rosy enough, but I always look forward to using them again when the time is right. Nars blushers are my absolute favourite. The quality is far better than most others and with a beautiful shade range I can’t resist picking another one up this year. This one
is similar for a fraction of the price.
– Not a day goes past where I don’t wear some sort of highlighter but dewy skin in the spring is perfect. I love Topshop Glow Pots
for adding a beautiful sheen to the cheekbones. I also can’t wait to experiment more with the Nars Copacabana
highlighter too! My skin is always a lot dryer in the colder weather so it’s harder to achieve a natural looking dewy glow. I love mixing a liquid highlighter in with my foundation for an all over radiant finish.
Spring scented candles
– I’ve burnt the White Company’s ‘winter’ candle non stop this season for a cosy, festive atmosphere. One thing I love doing to update my room for the new season is switch up my candles to fresher scents. The Landon Tyler Country Meadow* candle is so beautiful and uplifting. It instantly reminds me of a sunny spring day outside, they have a range of beautiful candles from ‘Wild Berries’ to ‘Blackberry Souffle’.
Nars Velvet Lip Glides
– Although I love wearing matte lipsticks throughout the winter there’s no better feeling than applying a hydrating, creamy lip colour. The Nars Velvet lip Glides are the perfect transitional product with just the right amount of softness and staying power. The shades are beautiful and the finish is not sticky in the slightest.
What would make it on your pre-spring edit?