Every year we always make these easy but delicious festive biscuits. They don’t take long to make and they go down well with everyone. I iced some with pretty designs but unfortunately they didn’t hang around long enough to be photographed so these are just sprinkled with icing sugar!
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180 degrees.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together, add in the egg and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and stir well with a wooden spoon to form a dough.
5. Sprinkle a suitable surface with flour, if the dough is still sticky and hard to work with keep adding flour sparingly.
6. Roll the dough out to a thickness of about 1/2 centimetre.
7. Cut out your desired shapes, dipping the cutter in flour as you go, place them on your baking tray with a small space in between.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes. They will harden up as they cool so be sure not to overcook.
Once they have cooled decorate as you wish. I like adding white icing for a pretty design or simply sprinkle them with icing sugar.
What do you like to bake at Christmas time?